Hello friends! Hope your week is filled with good things happening : )
Two things that I'm really excited about this week: 1.The opportunity to receive a 250K small business grant 2. Matter is moving! So we're having a sale to help lighten our load - 20 % off tees + totes.
1. Have heard of the 250K grant 'mission: small business' grant being given to 12 businesses across the nation? Chase & Living Social are hosting it and in order to be considered as one of the grantees we first need 250 votes! We got a late start to the voting and currently have 77 votes, so we still have a ways to go to reach 250 by June 30. It's only 9 days away!!
The wonderful thing is if Matter were to receive this incredible grant we would in turn provide at least a 30K grant to Emily Manger Davis of Sweet Olive Soap Works [the cost of her new equipment]. Emily is the incredible soapmaker that we work with for BirdProject. Her business is right at the point where she needs to purchase new equipment to meet the great demand for her Nolamade goods! Voting for Matter also sends a vote for new equipment for Emily!
Matter would also give 3 NOLA businesses 10K to also help them grow! Upon receiving the mission small business grant, Matter then would accept submissions from local businesses to receive grants to grow or start their ventures! We will create an advisory board of Nola community leaders to select the three community businesses to give the grants to. Sharing is where it's at.
The rest, after taxes, would grow our business! This grant would aid us in moving Matter fully out of my home & into an inspiring workspace [see below], fund new product development for the next social good products, & hire additional employees! There is so much for Matter to do and I need to hire additional talented people to operate at our full potential. We would be so honored and invigorated to receive this incredible grant!! The most important thing is that it would accelerate the expansion of our product line, thus raising funding awareness for both new & current project partners!
Here are the instructions for voting:
1. Go to missionsmallbusiness.com click 'Log In & Support' and log in.
2. Search for our business by name 'Matter L3C' OR filter by our State and City: Lousiana, New Orleans
3. Click on the blue Vote button next to our business name to show your support for our business.
4. Thank you for your help!!!!
2. We are moving! The past year and a half BirdProject has occurred in my home, I am so excited to begin working in the lovely Civic Center space and with such wonderful people : ) If you need a tshirt or a recycled cotton tote, they are 20% off to help us lighten our load for the upcoming move! The discount code is 'MovingMatter20' at checkout
Thank you for your support and for all that you do! All my best, Tippy : )
Warm & fuzzy!! BirdProject has received such a wonderful response: From the 'Good Giving gift guide' in Whole Living, two gift guides in GOOD - 'Wish List: Sustainable Gifts' & 'Good Cheer: Our Holiday Wish List: Things to Wear', to a feature on the Martha Stewart show [what what!], InvadeNOLA's 'Shop Local Holiday Guide' [XO!], to the Times Picayune & Nola.com's 'Twice as Nice: Cool Stuff, Giving Gifts'[YAY!], and an inclusion in American Craft 'Renegade Gifts for the Host'! WOW! So delighted to be a part of so many people's holidays this year!
Around NOLA there have been waiting lists in the shops on Magazine and we are just delighted by your appreciation of BirdProject! Happiest holidays to you & yours and thank you so much for your wonderful support of the Birdies!! Very excited for the new year of twentytwelve ahead, it has a nice ring to it : )
[ insert whisper in your ear here - We have some new editions in the works for early next year [February] so please do stay in touch! ]
ps - Also, I was recently forwarded this amazing blogpost written about BirdProject by the CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi, Kevin Roberts 'Taking a Bird in Hand' completely honored by his description: "The bird soaps are a power-combo of mystery, sensuality and intimacy, reaching into daily routines – the morning shower, the washing of hands – with purpose and symbolism. ... It’s truly an object lesson in social entrepreneurship. This is creativity making the world a better place." Thank you sir!!
please see all of the lovely press received here + thrilled to have been a speaker at TEDxTU Nov. 3!